Winslow Cohousing, Bainsbridge Island, USA © Kristopher Stevens, 2018
We offer workshops, training, advisory and project development services leveraging expertise provided by our in-house team and through collaboration with local partners and international experts and leaders in cohousing.
We can help you
- Form a strong community, advise on and manage your outreach activities
- Find and acquire a suitable site that corresponds to what your community envisions
- Complete time intensive and meticulous tasks so you can focus on keeping the community together, e.g. project management and administration, the design and governance process, community outreach, member education etc.
- Make cohousing financially more accessible with buyer friendly financing options through the community wealth fund
We told ya! We are a one stop shop. Contact us.
Getting It Built : A Cohousing Development Workshop (Toronto, ON)
In early 2020, Cohousing Options Canada will host the second edition of this essential workshop in Toronto. Stay tuned to provide yourself and/or your cohousing group with the tools and resources to effectively develop your cohousing project. It is also a great way to discuss specific questions and concerns and to connect with other cohousing groups in Ontario and beyond.
Cohousing 101 (Sudbury, ON)
“Cohousing 101” is a two hour presentation that gives insight into the “what and why” of cohousing and the process that leads from the idea to the community that is ready to move in.
Is Cohousing Right For You? (Sudbury, ON)
“Is Cohousing Right For You?” is an intensive full-day workshop helping people understand the principles and awesomeness of cohousing. This workshop is a deep dive into cohousing.
Cohousing 101 (Beamsville, ON)
Cohousing Options Canada gave a Cohousing 101 presentation in Beamsville, Ontario, explaining how cohousing could provide added value to and foster an existing community.
Successfully Attracting And Retaining Members: A Holistic Communications Workshop (Sudbury, ON)
Most cohousing groups struggle with finding a simple and compelling way to explain the idea of cohousing, with attracting and retaining members as well as with organizing and hosting effective information meetings and events. Cohousing Options Canada has developed an easy process that allows cohousing groups to develop a custom-designed communications strategy which will help them meet their targets. One part of this process is a communications workshop which leads to the development of concrete tools and actions. Each communications workshop is developed according to the group’s – our client’s – specific needs. They are generally dedicated exclusively to the cohousing group we are working with. If you are interested in a communications workshop or if you need coaching on specific communications issues, please contact us.
Getting it Built: A Cohousing Development Workshop
Cohousing pioneers Kathryn McCamant and Charles Durrett delivered their Getting it Built: A Cohousing Development Workshop with Cohousing Options Canada (formerly CoLiving Canada) on January 26th & 27th, 2019 in Toronto. This was their first workshop in Eastern Canada. The workshop focused on the essentials of cohousing development and provided 30 participants with the toolkit and resources to move from initial conversations to the first steps of development.
Senior’s Cohousing & Other Strategies For Ageing Successfully (10 part)
Are you concerned about the threat of isolation, being a burden on your family, safety and security, your financial savings, health care or whether you will be able to do the things and activities that are important to you?
Many of us would like to live more simply, be more connected to others, and experience a community of peers that is geared towards fulfillment, vitality and life-long learning.
Coliving Canada hosted a 10 week interactive and engaging workshop series focused on how to:
- Age in place successfully.
- Understand the economics of senior living choices.
- Take charge of co-care, co-healing, and outside assistance.
- Strengthen the bond between body and soul, individual and community.
- Appreciate the interlocking roles of community life and quality of life.
- Work effectively to achieve common goals.
- Create a meaningful living legacy that transcends the generations.